UTSA / Southern Miss football match fan information
Saturday’s game has been designated as “Orange Out” and fans are encouraged to wear orange to show their school spirit and support the Roadrunners.
DEFINE THE WAITING GAME
Partnering with Brenda Tracy, sexual assault survivor, speaker and founder of the national, non-profit #SetTheExpectation campaign, Saturday’s game against Southern Miss is UTSA’s #SetTheExpectation game. UTSA will organize a fundraiser for the Rape Crisis Center in San Antonio. Donations can be made between 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. at the north and south ends of the Alamodome. There will be a QR code for online donations and representatives will also accept the following physical donations: flip flops, gloves, hats, hand sanitizer, masks, adult coloring books, crayons or colored pencils. Tracy will also join the UTSA football team for the Spirit Walk and will be a guest of honor for the draw before Saturday’s game.
HEALTH AND SECURITY
The City of San Antonio and the Alamodome are encouraging anyone with symptoms of COVID -19 to refrain from attending. Temperature controls for the fan inlet have been interrupted. For participants, safety measures are encouraged when tailgating. Face masks are recommended in all city facilities.
TRANSPARENT BAG POLICY
The Alamodome Clear Bag Policy is in effect throughout the season.
IMPROVED ENTRY AND CONCESSIONS TO ALAMODOMA
The Alamodome has returned to 100% of its capacity. Another large crowd is expected on Saturday and with less staff available on match day, we ask you to be patient with the potential long lines entering the Alamodome and concession stands.
• Please enter the stadium early if possible to avoid long lines. Doors open to the public at 1 p.m.
• Fast lanes will be available at security checkpoints for those without bags. Please take out your keys, phone and wallet before going to the scanners.
• Please take out your tickets or load them on your phone with maximum screen brightness before reaching the doors.
• Only bottled beverages (no fountain or raffle) will be available for purchase to help increase the speed of service. Additional stands reserved for drinks will be open.
• Mobile food ordering is available from your seats with pickup available from express counters.
All students currently enrolled at UTSA are entitled to free entry to all home football matches. UTSA students can purchase up to four guest tickets for student section seats. Guest tickets are priced at $ 10 each.
For walk-in sales, the Alamodome Southwest box office will open at 10 a.m. Saturday and all other Alamodome ticket offices will open at noon. Customer service counters are located at the Northeast and Southeast counters.
Parking in Alamodome Lots A, B and C is limited to fans who have already purchased permits. A limited number of disabled parking spaces are available on a first come, first served basis. Alamodome Lots A, B and C will open at 8:00 am for those with valid parking passes. Please DO NOT enter the lots before or the staff will ask you to release your place (s) and come back once the lots have been opened.
Paid parking is available in Parking Lot D next to the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center at the corner of Montana Street and Tower of Americas Way. UTSA students, faculty, and staff may park in all unmarked spaces with a valid UTSA Saturday parking permit on the downtown campus under I-35.
Tailgating is back in the Alamodome parking lots this season. The Alamodome car parks will open at 8 a.m. this Saturday. For more information and City of San Antonio tailgating guidelines, please visit goutsa.com.
The drop-off and pick-up location for carpooling users is located in Parking Lot D next to the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center at the corner of Montana Street and Tower of Americas Way.
VIA has announced that it will now serve UTSA home football matches. VIA’s IH-10 Crossroads / UTSA Express Route 93 will provide express service from the Main Campus, University Park & Ride and Crossroads Park & Ride to Robert Thompson Transit Station in London. ‘Alamodome. VIA will provide a return service after each game. The route will be on its normal Saturday schedule. Bus fares remain the same as standard express fares ($ 2.60 each way) for service to UTSA home games, and day passes for $ 2.75 are available using of the VIA goMobile + application.
In addition, VIA will be offering an additional bus service between the Crossroads Park & Ride and the Thompson Transit Station at the Alamodome on Saturday. UTSA students, professors and staff with UPASS can travel for free. Those without UPASS can purchase the regular fare through the VIA GoMObile + app, on the bus or at the Crossroads ticket office.
UTSA STUDENT TRANSPORT
UTSA students can take VIA Route 93 from the Main Campus bus loop to the Alamodome for free using their U-Pass. Students should visit the VIA U-Pass for more information on how to access this service.
Students and their guests can park at UTSA’s main campus and take a UTSA shuttle to the game at the North Paseo Bus Oval, just outside the North Paseo Building. The shuttles will begin to serve the Alamodome at 11:30 am The last shuttle for the game will leave the campus at 2:00 pm. Students will be dropped off and picked up at the Robert Thompson transit station at the Alamodome. Buses will begin the return service to UTSA at the start of the fourth quarter and the last Alamodome shuttle will leave one hour after the game ends.
GAME DAY EXPERIENCE
Located on the HEB Plaza and the VIA Bridge on the north side of the Alamodome, Rowdy Town opens at 11:30 am and is completely free for all UTSA fans to participate in the pre-game festivities, which include:
• Whataburger and UTSA have teamed up for a fundraising campaign to help San Antonio Food Bank. Donations can be made to Rowdy Town starting at noon or to representatives of Whataburger and the San Antonio Food Bank who will visit the B&C lot tailgating areas. Each dollar donated provides the equivalent of seven meals for those who need it. All donations will go to the San Antonio Food Bank.
• The first hour of Credit Human Pregame Radio Show with Andy Everett will be broadcast live on Rowdy Town’s Ticket 760 AM starting at 12:30 p.m. UTSA Sports Director Lisa Campos will be the guest of the show at 1 p.m.
• Spirits March is back this season and will take place at 12:15 pm weather permitting. Join UTSA Head Football Coach Jeff Traylor and the whole team as they walk to the Alamodome two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff. The UTSA group and cheerleaders line the driveway between parking lots B and C in Alamodome while Rowdy leads the team through Roadrunner Alley and into the stadium.
• Fans can purchase the latest UTSA clothing and accessories from Loud campus store, which will be installed in Lot C near Roadrunner Alley. Merchandise counters are also located inside the Alamodome in the Plaza and Club Level Lobbies.
• The UTSA student interior tailgate is the new gathering place for students inside the Alamodome on game day. Free food and drinks will be available (while supplies last). Door prizes include coupons and UTSA clothing. The UTSA student indoor tailgate is open from 1:00 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. in the Hall of Fame Club located at the north end of the Club Level.
Saturday’s game will air on ESPN + and is available on WatchESPN.com and the ESPN app. The contest will be broadcast live on Ticket 760 AM in the San Antonio area, on Sirius channel 121, XM channel 204 and SiriusXM app Channel 967. The pre-game show will start at 12:30 pm and there will be a 45-minute post-game show. The radio show can also be listened to online at Ticket760.com and via the iHeartRadio and The university network applications.